i love november


I really do love November. The anticipation of the holidays, the cooler weather (I strongly dislike being too hot), the longer cozy evenings and candlelit suppers just agree with me. We've had a lovely unseasonably warm weekend, so we spent the day at the camp yesterday cleaning up and getting it ready for winter winds, and cooking maple sausages from the market over the fire with friends and having a lovely visit. I can't help it - here are a couple of pictures I posted on Instagram yesterday. 



I also love the food right now - there's still plenty of vegetables at the market and a few straggling things from the garden. Last weekend, I picked the last of the kale from the garden, and we bought a bunch of brussels sprouts at the market. Looking for something new to make, I asked Austen for a suggestion. And she sent me a wonderful recipe that I finally made last night. I didn't have squash, as I realized when I actually looked for the one I thought we had (oops) but this was delicious nonetheless. I used kale, didn't have the herbs, and used fresh parmesan because it's what I had. So I'm not really sure what the original recipe tastes like, but I'm sure it's wonderful. I guess my point is that you can mix up the assortment of vegetables however you'd like; it's really the method that will make it delicious.



I hope that you enjoy these last few weeks of November, too.